PROJECT ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL
We are looking for a Project Engineer to design electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic circuitry for the custom machines. This person would be working with custom designed automated machinery that sometimes involve robotics.
This position consists of:
- Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Supervisor.
- Creates electrical and pneumatic circuit designs & documents in AutoCAD.
- Develops PLC programs in various languages.
- Work with and design motion controls, valves, switches, ladder logic, motors, panel wiring, cylinders, welder controls, robot interface etc. as required for each project.
- Will generate bills of material & system documentation such as manuals.
- Seamless communication with the mechanical engineering team to integrate the electrical & pneumatic portion with the mechanical portion of every project.
- Evaluation, requisition and follow up on all components to best meet engineering application and budgetary constraints.
- Research & evaluate new technologies for future project applications.
- Integrate new technologies into machines to ensure that the company is manufacturing high quality, competitively priced, state-of-the-art equipment, which best meets the customer’s requirements.
- Responsible for working within customer specifications.
- Writing a User/ Maintenance manual for the operation of the machinery.
- Startup and troubleshooting of machinery both on the shop floor and in the Customer’s plant.
- Provide technical customer support via telephone, email, and \ or onsite visits.
- Promote working harmony with the Electrical Department and the adjacent departments (i.e. Shop, Applications Engineering and Purchasing).
- Degree in one of the following: Electrical engineering, Controls engineering or Computer Technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications
- Ability to travel – up to 30% of the time.
- Proven PLC & HMI programming skills
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code, NFPA, ANSI, and OSHA.
- Working knowledge of DeviceNet, Ethernet, etc. is desirable
- Experience in programming various HMI devices
Working experience with Fanuc, Panasonic, Motoman and other robot brands is desirable
This position will provide a great opportunity for the qualified individual(s) to obtain permanent employment with our outstanding client!
*Concept Technical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please take the time to review our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
|Job Category||Engineering - Electrical, Engineering - General, Engineering - Industrial|
|Salary:||Salary is commensurate with experience.|
|Required Experience:||3+ Years|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|