Establishes, reviews and maintains production schedules for all work centers to ensure that the master production schedule is being executed. Will analyze work center loads for effective capacity planning. Ensure accurate inventories by effectively addressing any labor reporting issues. Takes an active role in daily production meetings. Will answer related inquiries for all levels of the organization. This position has a close working relationship with Production and Purchasing. Guidance may be provided on possible sources of information and methods to complete tasks. Able to meet deadlines and exercise judgment regarding related items.
Read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Daily analysis, planning, and review of work center capacity based on requirements.
2. Verify labor reporting accuracy. Pull resources from various levels to orchestrate effective resolution of root cause of any issues found.
3. Maintain and review customer promise delivery dates.
4. Create production jobs using the manufacturing software and print job orders.
5. Effective sequencing of jobs, processes and assignments to individual work centers or lines.
6. Review, communication and effective implementation of engineering changes as they relate to manufacturing production activities.
7. Communicate with customer service on status of sales orders and estimated completion. Ensure information needed for labeling of finished goods is accurate and correct.
8. Attend daily production meetings. Communicate with various departments on any potential production issues or needs.
9. Implement material substitutions as needed, coordinating these with purchasing to ensure inventory accuracy.
10. Audit of inventory data as compared to packing slips from material receipts. Corrective action implementation based on issues found.
11. Maintain effective communications with internal customers regarding inventory accuracy, engineering changes, shop order closeouts, and labor reporting.
12. Establish and maintain work procedures and records for this positions job responsibility, as it relates to and in accordance with the quality system.
13. Participate in related staff, team and/or task group meetings to ensure the continuous improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs. Participate in in-house training programs.
14. Ensure that all operations are within established guidelines and conform to health and safety standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Directly related experience; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to schooling put in for an associates/bachelors degree.
OR Associate Degree with 4-7 years of progressively responsibility in a similar role.
OR Bachelors Degree in business, operations management or similar field with 1 – 3 years directly related experience.
Experience using DBA software a plus.
CPIM certification is a plus. Accuracy is essential to this position.
Must possess knowledge and experience in automated systems and terminology and the ability to develop and interpret related reports using spreadsheet, word processing and graphics software. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier and so on.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to convert to metric system.
|Job Category||Supply Chain/Logistics|