Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Desired
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: Minimum of 4 to 5 Years & More Experience is Beneficial
- Interface with marketing, project management, engineering, and services to ensure that product designs meet the requirements of the customer.
- Create mechanical, packaging, and cooling designs and engineering documents associated with electrical based products and system solutions, including sheet metal and electrical assemblies.
- Define system-level product qualification testing, life testing, chemical and thermal stress testing, first article and in-process manufacturing inspection.
- Enter bills of material into project management software.
- Interface with manufacturing to ensure successful production of new and existing products.
- Resolve customer issues, maintain and upgrade installed products.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects focused on Product Safety, Quality/Reliability, or Ease-of-Sales/ Ease of Application, and cost reduction.
- Interface with suppliers to ensure out-sourced materials meet design and quality requirements.
At a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design and packaging of electrical products (variable speed motor drives, power supplies, electrical conversion equipment) including detailed modeling, parts design, enclosure design, and bills of material layout.
- Experience with 2D/3D CAD software programs.
- Experience in design for thermal management, both active and passive.
- Desirable experience with finite element analysis, and static and dynamic seismic mounting and bracing analysis.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to customer locations.
This position will provide a great opportunity for the qualified individual(s) to obtain permanent employment with our outstanding client!
*Concept Technical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please take the time to review our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
|Job Category||Engineering - CAD Design, Engineering - General, Engineering - Mechanical|
|Required Experience:||4+ Years|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|