SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The CAD Designer is responsible for providing modification of new and existing customer product designs. This individual will prepare designs, edit & modify Customer 3D CAD models where needed & create production drawings.
1. Create and maintain engineering 3D models and drawings for products.
2. Effectively change 3D models for cost improvement and manufacturability.
3. Maintain project Bill of Material spread sheets.
4. Work with customers to maintain up to date models.
5. Analyze and implement customer revisions of current products.
6. Investigate print problems related to manufacturability and perform design work for manufacturability and cost reductions.
7. Provide technical assistance to other departments & individuals as necessary.
8. Perform additional projects, tasks, and/or assignments as necessary.
9. Participate in non-recurring engineering related projects for customers, either in design from scratch model control, and/or design for manufacturability implementation on exiting products thru model rebuild and customer integration.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3-5 years experience in Pro-E and/or SolidWorks 3D modeling required.
• 3-5 years sheet metal design experience required.
• 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of listed education below and experience. Associate’s degree (A. A.) in Mechanical Design or a similar field from two-year college or technical school.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Expert level knowledge in Microsoft products required.
This position will provide a great opportunity for the qualified individual(s) to obtain permanent employment with our outstanding client!
*Concept Technical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please take the time to review our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
|Job Category||Engineering - CAD Design, Engineering - General, Engineering - Mechanical|
|Required Education:||Associates Degree or Equal hands on Experience|
|Required Experience:||3+ Years|