SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to and working with the IT Director, this individual’s main responsibilities is to identify, understand, define and implement the proper technical solution to a given business problem. This individual will document the requirements of the problem and assist the IT team in developing appropriate benchmarks in estimating time to solution. The Application Developer will develop solutions and pass this information onto the project team along the way. This individual will also help the team realize new opportunities available through innovative use of technology.
- Perform application design/development tasks as directed in support of the planned strategy. Suggest improvements to this strategy. Actively participate in periodic review of this strategy. Suggest and document maintenance and administration tasks, in accordance with best practices, including but not limited to: installation, configuration, backup/recovery, database design and performance tuning.
- Manage the design/development/deployment of software applications and/or enhancements as assigned in application project plans. Confer with business users to analyze current needs and understand desired future condition.
- Lead application development projects as directed. Actively participate in business process improvement initiatives. Develop new or existing applications to fulfill end-user requirements. Suggest improvements to existing systems. Select and implement new software solutions to meet company needs. Lead development efforts per established standards. Create overall system design specifications, detail functional design specifications, data models, process models, and object models as required.
- Lead effort for the development of unit, system, and user acceptance test plans, as well as detail test scenarios, test cases, and test data. Lead all testing efforts and results validation with users, and ensure proper resolution of discrepancies. Determine training requirement definition and/or review. Participate in issue resolution related to system implementation as required.
- Manage closure of open application-related Help Desk requests in accordance with established Service Level Agreements. Ensure appropriate response to Help Desk requests based on severity. Ensure proper documentation of all solutions within the Help Desk system.
- Maintain adequate security on all relevant systems and applications as directed. Assist in documentation of appropriate elements in the security plan.
- Ensure all system documentation is in accordance with project and documentation standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field and 3-5 years of business analysis experience, 5 years total or more of industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Application development experience with MS Visual Basic, MS Visual Studio and MS SQL Backend required
- Application development experience with MS ASP.NET, Infor Mongoose, and MS SQL Reporting Services desirable
- Expert-level business analysis skills required
- Expert-level MS Office Productivity Suite skills required
This position will provide a great opportunity for the qualified individual to obtain permanent employment with our outstanding client!
*Concept Technical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please take the time to review our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
|Job Category||Business Analysis, IT Development, IT Project Management, Software Development|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||5+ Years|